- Categories: Hydroseeding
Learn How to Prepare Ground for Hydro-Seeding in Colorado
If your soil is quality, all that is needed is good rototill, and rake! If the soil is poor quality, rototill before adding quality lawn or garden top soil. We recommend 2-5 inches, but the more the better (as long as you are not leaving deep footprints).
When we arrive we are looking for good soil that is level to the grade you are happy with, loose, dry, and freshly raked! The mulch adheres to the ground much better creating a matte fiber.
We highly recommend a sprinkler system with a timer. With quality soil, good prep, sprinkler system, and timer we will guarantee our work!
**We can give you a price right on the phone, if you let us know the city, exact square footage, name, and phone number! If you get our answering service please leave all the above information. We are very good about returning phone calls!
Examples of Properly Prepared Soil
Advantages of Hydroseeding
- At a fraction of the cost of sod (example Hydro Seeding 5,000 sq. ft. is $800 vs. sod $4,000 ) in Pueblo (call for your area)
- Choice of seeds & wildflowers (with no weeds)
- Planting process is efficient & economical
- Less watering than sod (mulch holds 11 times it’s weight in water)
- Environmentally safe
- Watering info & care kit left when we complete installation
- Slows erosion
- Commercial, Residential, Agricultural & Industrial Hydroseeding
Medium to dark green color
Withstands heat, winter, heavy traffic
Germinates in 7-21 days with proper moisture
Fully establishes in one growing season
Performs best in full sun
Adaptable to a variety of soils
50% – Elite Kentucky Bluegrasses (drought tolerant)
50% – Elite Perennial Ryegrasses